ShipStation Review 2023 → #1 Robust Shipping Solutions
Table of contents
- About ShipStation
- Overview of ShipStation
- ShipStation Review
- ShipStation Software Review
- ShipStation Pricing
- How Does ShipStation Work?
- ShipStation Pros and Cons
- Who Is ShipStation For?
- Is ShipStation Worth It?
- Is ShipStation Legit?
- How To Contact ShipStation
- Where to buy ShipStation?
- ShipStation Coupon Codes & Promos
- Who owns ShipStation?
- Where is ShipStation located?
- Does ShipStation ships internationally?
- What exactly does ShipStation do?
- Why did ShipStation charge me $10 dollars?
- Is ShipStation cheaper than USPS?
- Does ShipStation charge a fee?
- Conclusion of ShipStation Reviews
In a world where online shopping has become a habit– to a promising source of income, shipping plays an important role and is a big part of any eCommerce business. So, for easy online business shipping, ShipStation is a brilliant idea!
ShipStation is the ultimate web-based shipping and order management software. Indeed, this brand facilitates the order fulfillment process for your online business.
In addition, it’s designed to make retailers more efficient in processing, fulfilling, and shipping their e-commerce orders.
On top of that, the brand combines order processing, inventory management, shipping label generation, and customer communication.
Everything is in one easy-to-use interface and integrates directly with over 100 top carriers, marketplaces, and sales channels.
Currently, the company has consolidated orders from more than 70 e-commerce channels, including creating shipping labels, packing slips, and pick lists in batches.
Also, they communicate tracking information to customers and provide automation, filters, wireless printing, mobile apps, and more.
Based in Austin, Texas, the company has successfully established offices across North America, Australia, and Europe.
With its mission, the company will make it easy for merchants to fulfill orders and grow their business, no matter where they are!
In terms of popularity, the company has 16.3K followers on Instagram and 14K+ on Twitter.
If you want to outsource some or all of your shipping operations, including picking, packing, and delivery, then Ship Station’s services are for you!
So, keep reading this ShipStation review as we cover everything about the brand so they can be a reliable shipping brand you can trust to!
Overview of ShipStation
Well, now that you know the brand profile, why not take a deep dive? In this section, we’ll take a step back to give you an overview of the brand’s history that we’ve gleaned from some reliable and legitimate sources.
ShipStation was launched in 2011 by Jason Hodges and Byron Wier. Then, the company hired Nathan Jones as its first CEO in 2013. After that, the brand was acquired as a wholly-owned subsidiary by Stamps.com in 2014.
Together with Jason Hodges and Byron Weir, the brand has developed a web-based shipping service that eases the order fulfillment process for e-commerce companies. Now, the company has over 150 employees ready to provide the best service!
ShipStation is an advanced sales management solution allowing online retailers to manage and import unlimited orders.
Through its ability to integrate with various shopping cart applications and online marketplaces, this e-commerce platform ensures that compatibility issues don’t hinder users’ businesses.
ShipStation Software Review
ShipStation Software is packed with features that allow you to manage your business administration in an automated and computerized manner that eliminates manual data entry.
Here is a brief explanation to give you an idea of Ship Station’s features and services:
- Order management
- Ship Station software lets you manage orders from just one platform by integrating with all your sales channels. Hence, you can synchronize as many orders as possible across unlimited sales channels. Also, adding a new store or marketplace doesn’t require additional costs.
- This feature helps you access cheaper shipping rates from partners like USPS. You can check out Ship Station’s shipping calculator for USPS to determine how much you can save.
- If you subscribe to more premium packages on branded software, you can get a more authentic branded shipping experience, such as shipping labels, email notifications and tracking, packing slips, and SMS notifications.
- Inventory management
- Ship Station helps make inventory management across multiple warehouse locations easy. For example, you can receive inventory alerts to tell you if stock is running low or if there is an attempt to ship an item for which there is insufficient availability. Likewise, you can allocate stock to priority orders so that new orders don’t conflict with them.
- Returns management
- Ship Station software offers a branded self-service returns portal where customers can handle returns. Likewise, they can search for orders by order ID and zip code, list the reason for the return, specify the number of items to be returned, and submit the request.
- Ship Station allows you to create various automation to streamline your fulfillment process. Here, you can set up automation by defining ‘triggers’ to perform actions when pre-defined scenarios occur. These include; creating a return label, sending an email, purchasing shipping insurance on certain inventory, and more.
ShipStation offers 6 pricing plans, including an enterprise plan for businesses. Pricing will limit how many shipments per month you can process as well as how many users can sign up for your account.
However, as you can see, the brand doesn’t limit its features and services beyond shipping label customization. Thus, you only need to upgrade if you start getting more monthly orders.
Furthermore, you can also start with a 30-day free trial before choosing one of these plans. Moreover, the team promises a no-questions-asked refund within 90 days if you are not satisfied.
Nevertheless, you can also upgrade (or downgrade) your plan at any time if you suddenly experience an increase or decrease in the number of orders. Also, customers can create PayPal shipping labels by using this software.
How Does ShipStation Work?
After reading the above review, you might be interested in getting Ship Station Software. So, here are the steps:
- First, you can visit the brand’s official website at shipstation.com.
- Sign up for an account and login after that.
- To introduce you to the features and interface pages of the software, you can click ‘schedule a demo’ to schedule a demo with the brand’s sales team.
- Or, you can click ‘start shipping now’ to try a free trial immediately.
- Once you finish your free trial, please purchase the software on the pricing page. Of course, you can always ask the brand’s customer service regarding the cost of the software and its benefits.
- Next, the brand’s customer service will help you to integrate the software with your business platform. And it’s all done! So now, you can enjoy the delivery service with ease!
ShipStation Pros and Cons
Of course, Ship Station doesn’t come with a perfect score. It still has some flaws on various sides. Thus, below has compiled the pros and cons of the brand that you can consider.
- Available in Mobile App
- The interface is easy to navigate.
- Allows detailed control over user permissions.
- Integrates with over 53 shipping carriers & hundreds of other integrations.
- Access to intuitive returns management features.
- Link as many sales channels as you want without paying extra.
- Offers various customization options for your emails, returns portal, shipping labels, etc.
- Phone & live chat support are available for a higher price.
- Extensive features are offered, competitively priced.
- Free plan is not available.
- Customers will be stuck with only email support for lower plans.
Who Is ShipStation For?
As briefly discussed in the software review, ShipStation is the perfect platform to facilitate shipping and fulfillment processes for online retailers, businesses, and e-commerce sellers.
Their platform has empowered thousands of stores and processes millions of shipping labels per month. Furthermore, this software can save merchants time and money by maximizing their shipping efficiency.
Is ShipStation Worth It?
After reading the review lines above, in short, ShipStation is highly worth it and stands out with the features they hold.
This software will help every business and e-commerce player save time and money in organizing shipments and shipping status through a platform with all the necessary features.
In addition, their platform also has a simple interface and is very easy to use. Users can efficiently operate it by following the instructions provided for the system.
Using Ship Station’s software, users and online businesses can provide more professional and effective services to their customers, eliminating delays and errors that would cost them dearly.
Ship Station’s platform is a leading solution that supports integration with all carriers, BI systems, e-commerce tools, and more. Thus, it is beneficial in making online retail businesses successful!
Is ShipStation Legit?
Indeed, ShipStation is a legal and registered brand. This company is authorized and operates under the law to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
How To Contact ShipStation
Need a hand? The brand’s delivery experts are ready to help you! Here are 2 ways to connect with the brand’s customer service:
- Learn how to save time and money when shipping online orders by filling out a form on the contact page of the official website.
- Next, call the customer service number at (512) 359-3434 to get pricing information or explore the brand’s carriers and sales channels.
Where to buy ShipStation?
Customers can visit the brand’s official website at shipstation.com for a free trial. There, customers can also see the pricing list, along with its packages and features. All prices are in USD.
ShipStation Coupon Codes & Promos
Unfortunately, the brand currently does not have any promotions and discounts to offer. However, you can always visit their official website for discount promo codes during high seasons such as Black Friday, Cyber Sale, etc. Also, please click the link below to find out more promotional info!
Get discounts & promotions coupon codes for ShipStation in other countries.
ShipStation Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
When looking for ShipStation reviews, customers typically ask the following questions. We provide the answers to help you in making a smart purchase decision.
Who owns ShipStation?
Nathan Jones is the current Chief Executive Officer of ShipStation.
Where is ShipStation located?
ShipStation is located in Austin, Texas, USA.
Does ShipStation ships internationally?
Sure! The brand will recognize international shipping automatically when the user indicates the order will be shipped to a country other than your home country.
What exactly does ShipStation do?
ShipStation works as a web-based e-commerce shipping platform that will save sellers time and money by maximizing their shipping efficiency.
Why did ShipStation charge me $10 dollars?
Basically, USPS and Ship Station Carrier Services, as postage providers, will charge you for the labels at the time of label creation. However, the minimum purchase amount for these postage providers is $10/£10.
Is ShipStation cheaper than USPS?
The brand’s official website claims they provide the industry with the lowest USPS rates. Here, you can save up to 84% off USPS retail rates.
Does ShipStation charge a fee?
If you upgrade your subscription, the brand will not charge you a dime. However, the brand will charge you at the end of the 30-day free trial for your chosen plan.
Conclusion of ShipStation Reviews & Ratings
ShipStation is one of the keys to business success and an ideal fulfillment organizer and market-leading solution as a platform that carries all the features for e-commerce businesses, especially in-house fulfillment.
Their software is a powerful medium for managing orders, shipments, and inventory. Moreover, their platform will significantly help all businesses, from small start-up sellers to medium-volume shippers. All in all, Shipstation Software will help your business be more successful!
Were reader-supported. Oh, and FYI When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission from the links on this page.