Pros and Cons of BioDiesel
Biodiesel is the type of fuel which are driven by animals and plants. Biodiesel is extracted from animal fat such as soybean oil, vegetable oil with alcohol. Biodiesel is approved as an Eco-friendly fuel since it is removed from vegetable oil, animal fats. Bio-diesel is the most responsible fuel in preserving the environment.
1. Eco-friendly: Biodiesel is more Eco-friendly and preserves the environment. According to the environmental act, Eco-friendly fuels are highly encouraged to use. Biodiesel doesn’t produce any pollution since it is extracted from vegetable and animal waste.
2. Safe to use:: Biofuels are extracted from animal and plant waste, so it is safe to use with any fuel. It won’t produce any toxic gases which lead to respiratory problems. And also, it is proven that it has a high level of flashpoints than conventional fuels.
3. Readily available: Biodiesel doesn’t need any specific standards or procedures, or modifications. It can be used directly in the fuel tank of the vehicle.
4. Increases the life of the engines: Biodiesel is responsible for the life of the engines. Since no chemical composition is evolved in biodiesel extraction, it will create a protected wall to the fuel tank and affect the vehicle parts
by any other means.
5. Decrease the dependence on foreign fuel: Biodiesel extraction helps the country to sustain its fuels. This limits the dependency level of fuel from other countries. Biodiesel serves as an alternative fuel for the Government and decreases the investment made on the additional fuel.
6. Availability of resources: Bio-diesel can be extracted from natural resources. There is no need for any unique resources which are to be imported for this manufacturing. It can be produced by the waste that is produced by humans in their day-to-day life.
1. Not suitable in all the regions: Bio-diesel is not suitable in all the regions. Some places have very few food items, and you wouldn’t dare to use the food items in manufacturing Biodiesel in lieu of food. In cold regions, biodiesel properties will get affected and turn unusable for a long time.
2. Damages to pipes and filters: Research has it that Biodiesel is affecting the filters and pumps. Regular use of Biodiesel may lead to frequent changes in the vehicle’s pumps and filters.
3. Food supply may get spilled: If everyone decides to embrace Biodiesel, then food scarcity might set in. Just sit back and ponder on the debacle that will occur if billions of people decide to use food items in the manufacturing of fuel. When natural resources like plants are used to make Biodiesel, it will create scarcity for people to get their food. With this, farmers, companies, families, and even the Government will get affected severely.
4. Decreases fuel efficiency: While using bio-fuel, it is tough to get the proper mileage. It needs for Biodiesel are vast to run the vehicle for a few distances. Your vehicle will consume more fuel but give fewer outputs.