Trump’s care is a short-term health care plan proposed to eliminate the Affordable Care Act (ACA) requirements enforced to employers. The health care plan was to repeal the individual mandate from the previous healthcare legislation system.
Due to its various drawbacks compared to the previous Obamacare, the Senate didn’t pass the Trumpcare. Let’s look at the pros and cons of the trump card.
1. Reduce individual mandate: Trump’s care eliminates individual mandate where an individual in each household was required to have health insurance under Obama care laws otherwise, they will be subjected to a fine.
2. Reduces federal deficit: The proposed Trump care would ensure there is an immediate reduction in the federal deficit. Switching to this health care scheme will save the government $15 billion per year.
3. Offer subsidy to an individual with a pre-existing condition: Some states offer a subsidy to individuals with a pre-existing condition thus helping them pay for health insurance.
4. Affordable health care services: Trump’s care was to provide tax credits on consumers together with offering subsidies for those with pre-existing conditions. This will lead to affordable health insurance benefiting low-income consumers.
5. Changes in employer requirements and provisions: Trump’s care would have removed the tax penalty paid by employers under ACA. Low-wage companies would have tax credit repealed thus injecting more cash into the economy.
6.Better requirements for employers: Most employers were forced to pay for the tax penalty that is under the Affordable Care Act. The tax penalty comes when an individual underpays the total tax throughout the year. This creates bills during the time of filling. Trump Care removed this penalty. As a result of this, more cash was brought back to the economy. Trump Care also helped to cancel tax credit for low wage employers. This made the government reduce damage and receive more funds.
7. It maintained aspects of the Affordable Care Act: Obama care had many costs but this did not mean it was the end. Affordable Care Act had important aspects that made citizens maintain. For instance, children were supposed to oblige to parents’ policies until the age of 26. Families who had insurance found the feature to be simple.
8.Benefit financial situation: Most people suffer from long term conditions. This means that the patient requires treatment or care on the condition before enrolling in another medical insurance plan. These conditions include cancer, epilepsy, diabetes, high blood pressure, lupus, and others. Most of the conditions are permanent to the body hence it requires frequent treatment. Trump Care assisted insurers by reducing costs. Every state received $100 billion for various purposes including $15 billion for maternity, mental health, and abuse. Also, it has $15 billion for sharing program risks.
9.State advantages: Entrepreneurs are forced to get a license of the states they carry out business. Trump Care allows insurers to compete for fin other states. This major advantage has led to an increase in competition hence the market is forced to lower consumer prices.
10. It brought tax credits: Trump Care offers a tax credit to consumers. This is received every year on the back end of finance. The feature is connected with other benefits in order to keep an equal profile for consumers who have a low income.
1. Waive essential benefits from the previous Healthcare system: The Trump care proposal was intended to eliminate the standard health care policies in the previous Obamacare system. Some states would have employed a waiver to exclude some people from the requirements of Trumpcare.
2. Increase the cost of healthcare services to those with pre-existing conditions: Those who had a pre-existing medical condition under Obama care had to present a certificate of coverage failure to which, they will be forced to pay a higher cost of medical care.
3. Increased healthcare cost for the senior citizen: The proposed trump care would increase the insurance cap for older citizens up to 5 times that of younger citizens.
4. More uninsured citizens: Eliminating the individual mandate of every individual having to subscribe to health care will result in more uninsured Americans by the end of 2026.
5. Cut down on Medicaid expansion: Obama care allowed states to expand Medicaid services through the funds set so as to increase healthcare insurance cover. Trumpcare would cut down on the funding aimed at expanding Medicaid services. This would limit the amount of health care services some families need.
6. Lacks deductibles in the copay: Consumers who use cost-sharing assistance are forced to spend their own money. In addition to that, there are no deductibles on accessing medical care. For this reason, the expenses are twice when you are on 100% FPL. For example, a person who is over 65 years spends about $600 monthly on FPL.
7. It increases premium costs: Trump’s care allowed people to stop paying for insurance when they are not sick. Nonetheless, they had to begin a new policy if they wanted to visit a doctor. This is a great disadvantage for people who have preexisting conditions. You can spend extra charges for the action.
8. Remove people from insurance: Trump Care has an aim to make a free market for people to access healthcare. According to the general accounting office, it will discourage people to secure insurance policies.
9. It eliminates previous benefits: Trump’s care eliminates services that some individuals will never use. Obama Care provided everything without excluding requirements that could never be used by others.
10. Expensive for people with medical issues: Trump’s care is expensive for people for patients with preexisting conditions. Patients had to provide a certificate on previous coverage on Obama Care and get treated for less cost.